i love
pretty things and
clever words. -Unknown

Friday, November 14, 2014

Going Places?

Maybe it was about a year or so ago when a good friend printed this quote off for me. She told me that I shouldn't be offended, (And I totally wasn't) but she thought that it totally summed up me. I related to it instantly, and it's on my computer backdrop, reminding me that I'm not stuck, I just don't know yet where I belong.

I had an amazing opportunity this past week, one of my goals is to be able to buy a house with my inheritance. As family, we're waiting on my parents house to sell, so I have been looking into real estate, but I haven't been too serious as we're waiting for the family house to sell first.

However, while looking at some listings, I found a house that I really wanted to see. I called my agent (my awesome sister in law) and told her I wanted to see the house. I then called my best friend and told her we were going to look at this house. I'll tell you, I'm looking for a house where I can have an apartment in the basement, that would be my first draw. This house that I was looking at had been converted into two legal apartments, so I guess you could classify it as a duplex. It had its issues, but all in all, it had pretty much everything on my 'must have' lists.

I went home stressed out because decisions stress me out.  And they make me cold. (It doesn't help that my houses current average temperature is about 51*)

The next morning my sister in law called and asked me what I thought because the other agent had called and someone else was putting in an offer that day on the house. I wasn't ready to make a decision, but I really liked that little house. I decided to move forward and see what happened.

It was a day of ups and downs, I'll tell you that. The house is only about a half hour from where I currently live and work, but I knew that if I bought it and moved, my life would be drastically altered. (Again this year) But I had to see what would happen. Finally about 6:30 that night things fell apart and it became evident that I wasn't going to be able to get the house right now. That's fine, and I know it will work out.

But holy cow, so much madness!

I honestly don't know where I'm going, or when...but I'm learning that maybe that's okay. Maybe that means I'm staying here a little longer, learning some things right here. And something so perfect will happen and I'll know why this whole thing didn't work out.

But it wasn't inaction on my part.

You see, I'm a very patient person. I would much rather wait and see what happens than go and make things happen. Maybe that's my fatal flaw. (I read Percy Jackson too) In fact, this week I listened to a BYU Devotional where the speaker talked about when patience becomes our weakness. Maybe that was some of the reason I decided to just to go for it and see what happened. And nothing bad happened! I had to face my feelings, my fears, and I got a little disappointed at the end of the day, but that's nothing I can't handle. So maybe that was the lesson I needed to learn. I can move ahead and see what happens, I can make decisions and I'll be watched out for.

I'm going to try to start working on that a little more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment