i love
pretty things and
clever words. -Unknown

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Lover's Lane...

“Don’t be mad at me for keeps, Anne.” I think Gilbert Blythe would have won me over then and there. It broke my little heart that it took Anne so many years to see how much he loved her. Oh, Anne Girl, I would have loved to be in your shoes! When I was younger, I read the Anne of Green Gables series. I read all 8 books, though I don’t think most people even know there are so many books in the series. I’ve just discovered a few of the audio books and been listening to them over the past week or so. I remember in my little 12 year old soul wishing I lived on Prince Edward Island and had a part in all of Anne’s adventures and schemes. It seemed the perfect little kind of life in Avonlea. I imagine walking through the ‘White Way of Delight’ and over ‘Lover Lane’ with the dear and often quirky towns people of Avonlea. Going to Redmond and living at Patty’s Place is a dear dream of my heart. And to think, Anne turned down somewhere around five proposals in her years at Redmond, including Gilbert’s! I cried when she did so, for I couldn’t see how she herself didn’t see that she loved him like she did. The books remind me of dreaming and imagining things in life that have always been apart of me. I think they are simply wonderful...I'm glad I've discovered them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment