i love
pretty things and
clever words. -Unknown

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Quote of the Day:

I guess I've always loved quotes, well, maybe not always, but since I was about 14, which feels like always. I remember my parents had taken me and my nephew Jari and my niece Shalyn to one of those little Utah town my mom loves. It was the year of the bi-centinal I think and my mom had a Utah Passport book where you were supposed to get a stamp from each county you visited in Utah.

Anyway, while we were waiting for them to check into the hotel, we were of course scoping out the gift shop and there was a magnet that said, "Some come into our lives and leave quietly, others leave footprints in our hearts and we are never the same" It struck me because at the time, I was going though those Jr. High friendship challenges where you really learn that. There are the friends who come and go, and there are the friends that make a difference in your life forever.

Well, after that quote, I just started collecting them. From anywhere, anyone. Friends laugh at the quotes that I write down from movies and tv shows. Then they regret it when I've shown them the quotes I've written down from them. I'm quite well known for that! :)

Anyway, my quotes define me. Maybe there are a few people who get that, but I'd be willing to bet that there are alot of people that don't.

Recently I found one that said, "I wish that someone would read my favoite book, just to understand me." And since I send out a "Quote of the Day" to my friends and post it on facebook, I have hesitated at sending this one out. I want people to know that I'm not accusing anyone, but it's so profound at the same time. When was the last time you asked your friend what their favorite book was? Favorite song or tv show? You don't have to love it too, but think how it would make you feel if someone were to ask you what your favorite book was, go home and read it and come back and talk to you about it. I think it would mean a lot to you because it's something that simply is you.

So...this ended up being a really random post, but just thoughts on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment